A welcoming and safe environment is paramount to all of our residents. To help ensure ALL of our residents understand our pet and animal-related policies we require EVERYONE to complete a third-party screening and review process. This process ensures we have formalized pet and animal-related policy acknowledgments and more accurate records to create greater mutual accountability. Please find the category below that best describes you to get started
A pet screening application is still required if you do not have a pet or assistance/support animal. By selecting the "No Pets or Animals" option, you are certifying that you do not have a pet or assistance/support animal. Failure to submit an application for your pet or assistance/support animal shall constitute a breach of your lease and may result in the termination of your lease.
This is a required application process for anyone that owns a household pet. This includes dogs and cats and might include pets that live in cages such as birds, hamsters, rabbits, snakes or fish tanks (because of the contained water) so please ask your housing provider for clarification regarding these types of pets
This is a required review process for anyone with a non-obvious disability and disability-related need for an assistance animal. This process provides a HIPAA compliant and secure way of submitting a reasonable accommodation request for an assistance animal (service animals, emotional support animals, companion animals, etc.) that will be reviewed by a third-party legal review team to ensure the accommodation request meets HUD’s Fair Housing Act guidelines. There is no cost ($0) to you to submit an accommodation request. Please make sure you are aware of your State’s laws, if any, for submitting a fraudulent accommodation request
Lease Agreement Provision:
Tenant and/or Tenant’s guests shall not keep pets on the Premises without the prior written consent of Manager. Should this consent be granted, Tenant acknowledges that Manager’s consent is conditional for so long as there are no bona fide complaints involving Tenant’s pet(s) or Tenant’s guest’s pet(s). Tenant is responsible to confirm their compliance with all condominium or HOA rules (if any) concerning pet(s) prior to and during occupancy of unit. Pet deposit may be used to pay for non-pet damages exceeding the amount of the security deposit. Tenant assumes all liability and responsibility for any and all damages caused by said pet(s) including, but not limited to having carpets inspected by a professional carpet cleaning and restoration company to assess the extent of any damage from odor and/or urine stains. Based on the recommendation of treatment, Tenant will be responsible for deodorizing, cleaning, replacing padding and/or carpeting, sealing floors and/or walls. This includes, but is not limited to, scratched and/or chewed doors, woodwork, floors, and carpet. There will be no depreciation of carpeting/padding or flooring should replacement be necessary due to pet damage. Tenant is responsible for the cost of having the Premises de-fleed and de-ticked by a professional exterminator at the termination of tenancy and shall provide paid receipts evidencing such professional services. Depending upon the nature and scope of the damage, the final cost of damages may not be available within 30 days of vacating. Manager will work to resolve the problems as quickly and cost effectively as possible. Once completed, Tenant will be provided a final closing statement of charges to be applied against the Security Deposit or to be reimbursed by Tenant, as Additional Rent. Manager is under no obligation to use Tenant’s preferred contractors to perform any of the above referenced work. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL PIT-BULL OR PIT-BULL CROSS BREED DOGS BE PERMITTED ON THE PREMISES. TENANT SHALL BE SOLELY LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR INJURIES THAT RESULT FROM BREECHING THIS PROVISION OF THE LEASE.
Pet Addendum Provisions:
1. Only the pet(s) listed in the Pet Addendum are authorized to be on the Premies. Additional or other pets must be approved by anager/Owner.
2. Pet(s) will not cause danger, nuisance, noise, health hazard, or soil the premises or the grounds, common areas, walks, parking areas, landscaping or gardens. Tenant agrees to clean up after the pet(s) and agrees to accept full responsibility and liability for any damage, injury or actions arising from or caused by his pet(s). Tenant shall, at termination of occupancy, pay the cost of having the Premises defleaed and deticked by a professional exterminator and evidence of defleaing and deticking must be warranted in writing to Manager.
3. Tenant shall, at termination of occupancy, pay the cost of having any carpeting in the Premises shampooed by a professional carpet cleaner.
4. Tenant agrees to register the pet(s) in accordance with the local laws and requirements. Tenant agrees to immunize the pet(s) in accordance with local laws and requirements.
5. Tenant warrants that the pet(s) is housebroken.
6. Tenant warrants that the pet(s) has no history of causing physical harm to persons or property, such as biting, scratching, chewing, etc. and further warrants that the pet(s) has no vicious history or tendencies.
7. Tenant agrees to observe the following conditions:
-Dogs and Cats: Must be controlled at all times. Must be kept on a short leash while in common areas or on the grounds. Tenant must clean up
after the dog on a daily basis. Barking will not be tolerated in that it is considered to be a nuisance to other tenants and neighbors. Proper disposal of cat litter (securely bagged) will be done on a frequent basis. Odors arising from cat litter will not be tolerated.
-Birds: Birds will be properly caged. Seeds and droppings will be shielded or caught to prevent accumulation and/or damage to carpeting/floors.
-Fish: Aquariums will not leak and will be cleaned regularly to prevent foul water and/or odors. Any heating devices must meet fire code regulations and be an approved device.
Tenant agrees to pay for all damages attributed to/caused by Pets. This includes, but is not limited to, stains, odors, and scratched surfaces. All damages will be paid for by Tenant and repaired to Manager’s satisfaction, with no exceptions.